If you use WordPress as your CMS you may wish to simplify implementation via the use of a Plugin.
- First, log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- In the left-hand menu, click on "Plugins" and then select "Add New".
- In the search bar, type "ads.txt" and press Enter. This will show you a list of plugins that can help you create and manage your ads.txt file.
- Choose a plugin that you like and click on the "Install Now" button to install it.
- After the plugin has been installed, click on the "Activate" button to activate it.
- Once the plugin has been activated, you should see a new menu item in your WordPress dashboard. Click on this to access the plugin's settings.
- In the plugin's settings, you can create and customize your ads.txt file. Follow the instructions provided by the plugin to do this.
- Once you have finished creating and customizing your ads.txt file, click on the "Save" button to save your changes.
- Your ads.txt file should now be accessible at the root of your website. For example, if your website's domain is "example.com", your ads.txt file will be located at "example.com/ads.txt".
- Let your DOT Support Agent know once completed. They can check for you.
That's it! You have now successfully placed ads.txt on your WordPress site using a plugin.